Hi Alain,

Most of the present theories are focused on the lattice structure. A few people
have suggested cracks as the location, but these ideas were not developed to
show how this process might function or the resulting nuclear products. I
attempted to put all the pieces together. A correct theory has to have all
parts work together in a consistent and plausible way, which severely limits
the possible combinations of ideas. As an engineer, I'm sure you can appreciate
this requirement. In contrast, most theories are created by throwing together a
collection of parts that look good but have no function in the machine.

I have found the problem to be very difficult for some people to understand. I
find that writing a book without the limitations imposted in papers is the only
way my insights can be explained and hopefully understood. As a consequence,
I'm focusing on this project rather than providing detail and repetition here.

The NAE is a gap of a critical size. I make this statement without
qualification. This has no relationship to any other concept. This is a crack,
which is a well known and well understood flaw in materials. I suggest this
flaw supports a nuclear process by the mechanism I have suggested.  This
proposal is clear and unambiguous. It is also totally consistent with what has
been observed.  I reject all other theories because they do not produce
explanations that are consistent with what is observed. The other theoreticians
pick and choose what is consistent and ignore the rest. I find this approach to
be unsatisfying. However, it takes a book to show the conflicts. Right now, you
have to take my word that such conflicts actually exist.

Thanks for the comments. I hope I answered your question.

Ed Storms