> approach

thanks for the advice.

I asked you that, not only for my personal curiosity (anyway I took my
distance with theories), but because businessmen I know ask me opinion on
researchers and their theories...
My main message it to be very careful,  to flee theory, and not trust
NASA&al trust in WL, nor any theoretician until the lab guys agree...

Your points convinced me, and I take them as you say.
I don't feel any mechanism can be so efficient as to screen neutrons and
gamma at 1-10^-6...
Anyway you mostly add constraints, and give no answer... I like it... ;-)

Really theory of LENR is a hell... problem is theory is important for
engineers, and required for... insurers (key actors in LENR).
I hope the irrational love of some theoretician for their theory won't
block research work ...

my feeling is that LENR was damned by theory... because most physicist
could not find a theory they imagined it was artifact or fraud. and for
those who accepted the experiments, since they could not find a theory in
classical QM, they invented new physics...
Hard for modern minds to admit ignorance, and admit only negative knowledge
(what it cannot be).

best regards.