one possibility is that the increase of the number of molecule and the
isotopic change 4->3->2 are not the same phenomenon...

imagine a transmutation from a diatomic gas to a mono-atomic gas...
other possibility discussed here is , since it is low pressure, some
dissociation
dunno if H+ D+ can stay long in the reactor... or maybe simply is the
isotopic shift so tiny that even rare survival of dissociated species is
enough

given all that have been observed before, the interpretation we make of
those results looks weird... we need more to confirm...
being able to separate D+ from H2, HD from T+, to detect H+, to have more
details around n=16-22, is a good research program

what is interesting here is that we have transmutation and proven heat.
some proven transmutation/neutron generation/gamma production, are
suspected to be anticorrelated with heat...

Some ideas here are also Hot Fusion, and it is clear that cold fusion is
not hot fusion.
it is not accelerated particles in the lattice playing pool with the
nucleus...
It look more like something of low average energy (otherwise we would see
high energy ashes), with resonance, intrications, correlation... the kind
of funny things people see in material science like semiconductor,
superconductors, graphene, nanotech...
as someone said, seduction not rape.

even fission is not so violent...
as far as I understand it looks more like an U235 eating a neutron, feeling
sick, and vomiting finally, rather than 8-ball like hot fusion is.