David,  the ASR-9 is an airport survellience radar.  That is correct about
the gain,  weather/military doppler radar gains are 45-50 dbi, more focused
dishes.  The instantaneous pulses are > 1,000,000 watts but they are only
on for 1/1000 of each second.  Does nature average that high power pulse
over 1 second like you are doing?  And if it does, how does nature do that?
 Does it induce instantaneous electrical currents?  Nature operates at the
speed of light, right?  A lot goes on in nature in 1/1000 of a second that
we don't even see.