I believe that LENR is many centuries ahead of its time. Let us understand
this paradigm changing device through an like example.

Let us put ourselves back to the year 1014 AD. Imagine that a smart phone
was given to a monk who toiled for most of his cloistered life coping one
book and you told him to prove that with this device he could now copy and
sent that book to someone across the world in 5 seconds. Even this monk who
accepts the concept of miracles might be somewhat confused and call in some
additional members of his order to help him with the test.

When looking more deeply into the physical principles that make this smart
phone work, the monk and his fellows might need some additional time to
research new physical concepts in more depth than their collective
knowledge base may be expected to support. This could take some additional
 time.

Maybe the time it takes this monk and his fellows to test the smart phone
would extent a longer than was originally expected. After all they are
dealing with understanding a miracle.