“Ion acoustics” go back to Hannes Alfven (another Swedish connection) and
probably is relevant to the Manelas solid-state ferrite magnetic billet, even
though there is no obvious plasma involved, no frozen-in mode and so on – but
the key is negative hysteresis. Even the great Alfven was accused of having
heretical ideas on anomalous energy.

A virtual plasma probably requires a minimum space for field lines (thus a
rather large billet) and self-propagating waves (due to “conditioning”) in
order to act like a solid state plasma. If there is a Higgs interaction, it may
relate to the element Barium (barium ferrite) which has isotopes of the same
mass as the Higgs. BTW one curious detail is that the billet will levitate a
pin placed over it like the “Levitron” but without the electromagnet of the
Levitron and with an analogy to high temperature superconductivity.

The thing that usually convinces skeptics of a bona fide anomaly in the Manelas
device is that there was a substantial temperature drop in the billet over the
test run, compared to ambient - and in spite of coils around it being pulsed
with substantial current, which should have raised the temperature
significantly.

From: Foks0904

I'm not so sure one needs to posit Higgs Field interactions -- maybe. I see it
in a very basic way without too much esoterica. In over-unity electrical
systems (possibly cold fusion) we initiate non-linear coupling between
appropriate materials. This non-linear coupling produces these collective
anharmonic modes. Moray B. King calls them "ion acoustical modes", T. Henry
Moray was one of the first to propose this mechanism was at play in his plasma
tubes.