The discharge of an electric arc has been experimentally shown to produce
nuclear effects. This might be true in the Sun unit. A way to tell if
nuclear reactions are occurring is the Sun unit reaction is to place a
piece of U238 in the sun unit as a probe of nuclear activity. If the ratio
of U235 to U 238 changes after an extended period of Sun unit operations,
then it is shown that a nuclear process is underway produced by the arc of
electricity that triggers the Sun reaction.

U238 will react at a higher rate than does U235 so the percentage of U235
will go up over time. This will place in doubt the hydrino explanation of
the Sun unit reaction,