Point is, he had a long string of failures before his successes.  But feel free
to disagree with me.  I won't hold it against you.

Jojo

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jed Rothwell
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 9:38 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:Is the SunCell a titanium burner?

  Jojo Iznart <jojoiznar...@gmail.com> wrote:

    But didn't Edison have an incredibly lousy history before he perfected his
lightbulb?

  No, he had a fabulous history. He was one of the successful and celebrated
inventors in history by 1879, with breakthroughs in telegraphy, the phonograph
and electricity. He often infuriated his investors by spending far more than
they expected, but they kept coming back because he made fortunes for them and
for himself.

  Here is a timeline of some of his major inventions. There were many others
not listed here that were quite lucrative:

  http://americanhistory.si.edu/lighting/scripts/s19t.htm