Axil--

Your comments about zero spin means zero quadrupole spin  seems  founded
relative to Daniel’s comment.  I am not sure what you mean by quadrupole spin?
Daniel was talking about quadrupole and octapole moments of a nucleus.

I would argue that a nucleus with a nominal ground state with 0 spin could be
excited to a higher  spin state as Daniel has suggested.

What  leads you to consider that such ground states cannot be excited to higher
and potentially unstable spin states.   I would say that in the presence of a
magnetic field of high strength and an appropriate resonant frequency, that
such ground state nuclei with 0 spin could be excited to higher spin energy
states.  I think the standard theory which includes quarks with various
intrinsic spins could respond to such energy inputs and result in a unstable
nuclei.

Bob

Sent from Windows Mail