Peter Gluck <peter.gl...@gmail.com> wrote:

Right, Kevin! The definition of SWOT is clearly given in the first paragraph
> of the paper- have you read it?

It wasn't "clearly given." It was sort-of spelled out in a confusing manner.

I was trained as a technical writer many decades ago. One of the first
rules we learned was spell out acronyms the first time you use them in the
text, unless they are familiar to all readers. Example:

SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats)

I have never heard of this acronym. It is not likely to be familiar to the
readers of this forum because it is not related to energy. Therefore you
should spell it out.