Hi,
>It's findings like this that have lead some people to the same conclusion:
>Multiple reaction pathways are taking place in one system (a cocktail of
>sorts). As a result, we see perpetual conflation of the "F&P Heat Effect"
>(aka radiationless cold fusion) w/ whatever unusual hot fusion effect is
>being produced (i.e. like Axil linking LeClair's work to cold fusion, which
>is totally off-base, unless one is ready, at this early juncture, to adopt
>wholesale his hyper-speculative "whispering quantum hall magic gamma
>shield" hypothesis), perhaps by small-scale fracto-fusion, Casimir
>forces, & cavitation, when conditions are right, and so on. That's just
>spit-balling though, because as we know the neutron-to-tritium ratio is not
>reflective of known hot fusion reactions in the slightest, so whatever is
>producing the tritium has got to be a strange reaction pathway as well,
>because its certainly not commensurate with the excess heat either. This is
>one of those "mysteries" that I have seen no theory adequately answer as of
>yet.
[snip]
If you are fissioning, and you need to get rid of neutrons (because heavier
elements have an excess of neutrons compared to light elements), then you might
create Tritium rather than free neutrons, because the high neutron to proton
ratio of Tritium allows you to get rid of neutrons, while it is energetically
more favourable to produce Tritium than to produce free neutrons.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk