Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is correct thinking and a real path to truth.

> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 4:23 AM, Alain Sepeda <alain.sep...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> tthe isotopic shift observed is probably only a side effect of the real
>> reaction.
>> from others LENR experiments one can suspect that hydrogen is the fuel,
>> and that Ni is just modified.
>>
>> that the surface of the powder is pure Ni62 maye be simply that it is
>> cooked by the reactions, stay stable, and work anyway.

I agree this is the most plausible-sounding scenario proposed here so far.
It beats my suggestion that only the surface layers of material transmuted.

So-called host metal transmutations have been observed in several
experiments. We assume they are "host metal" rather than the main energy
generating reactions.