Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The testers should not have run the reactor at 1400C.

I do not think they knew it would get that hot.

> That high operational temperature would have partially melted many of the
> nickel particles thereby reducing the power output of the test reactor.
> Melted particles are pictured in appendix 3 of the test results. The
> testers may have wanted to increase the COP to as high a level as they
> could push the reactor to provide.

No, they said just the opposite. They avoided pushing the reactor to its
limits. They avoided the use of pulsed input. Quote:

"In order to assure that the reactor would operate for a prolonged length
of time, we chose to supply power to the E-Cat in such a way as to keep it
working in a stable and controlled manner. For this reason, the
performances obtained do not reflect the maximum potential of the reactor,
which was not an object of study here."

And earlier:

". . . In a few minutes, the reactor body reached a temperature close to
1400°C. Subsequent calculation proved that increasing the input by roughly
100 watts had caused an increase of about 700 watts in power emitted. The
speed with which the temperature had risen persuaded us to desist from any
further attempt to increase the power input to the reactor. As we had no
way of substituting the device in case of breakage or melting of internal
parts, we decided to exercise caution and continue operating the reactor at
ca. 900 W."