Alain Sepeda <alain.sep...@gmail.com> wrote:

"A calibration curve will bend down. It never bends up."

> this mean that temperature grow less than the power ?

Right.

> this mean that when you increase the power, and if temperature grows much
> more that before, something anomalous is happening ?

Exactly. However, there are some open questions about the IR camera and the
color. So we cannot be sure the temperature really is getting higher. If
the authors can confirm that the temperature shown in the internal
thermocouple is also rising, and that the colors are transitioning to ones
indicating a higher temperature, then yes, we can be sure there is an
anomaly. This is true even though there is only one calibration point. That
is inadequate, but it does not preclude certainty.

> Either excess heat, or some external blanket effect (increase of thermal
> resistance)...
> but convection does not diminish with heat?

The device is open to air in a reasonably stable environment. I do not
think that a change in convection on this scale is possible.