swe wrote:
> Hi Reed,
>
> yea, great, well... I thought simply to write a perl converter while I
> read some vos content code snipets (sorry you c++ gods:
> perl nearly only I know nesides c and c++ fragments ;)

That's great.  You can convert to either COD or the brand-new "XOD"
format which is text and XML.  If anyone here is good at XML and wants
to try writing XSLT to convert X3D to XOD, that would be neat too.

> -Well before you think to waste your time on game content, there is
> pretty much content on vrml-designers looking for a free system, only
> was what I tried to say.

I know, this is why we started the VRML server, and why I'm sorry it's
taking so long to finish!

> Well we should give it a try if static content works? I can give you
> vrml models to try to convert, humm.. we could try IFS, material...

ALways looking for scenes to test with.  I have a few worlds I
downloaded from they cyworx website but they are too complex for this
stage. I have some really trivial scenes (collection of objects floating
in space) but if you have a "real" scene that nontheless is only
geometry and materials (also, I have no idea whether PROTOs will work
transparently or not since I've never even tried... Braden?)

Reed