Sounds great.

Here are some things I was thinking of doing to terangreal, please
advise/modify:

* Change mouse cursor to reflect what clicking will do (i.e.
differentiate between mouselook/move modes; change when over a hypercard
or clickable)

* If you click some mouse button on an object it becomes selected
    * In the future, could show a panel to edit properties of selected
object, or create new objects attached to it in scenegraph fashion, or
whatever

* If a selected object has the "ui:actions" type that I added recently,
then display those in a side panel as buttons

* Some way to show/hide sets of objects in the world, or change their
properties together as a group (e.g. alhpa to make them fade in and
out).  These groups could be called layers or groups.  This would be one
way to get certain effects in your presentation actually.  Also useful
in data visualizations, architectural type visualizations, etc.  Am
thinking of a demo world that shows some kind of factory or plant with
different systems on different layers, or an archeological site with
structures from different time periods.

>  - Added an "<addtype>" directive under the <load> section in XOD files,
> so objects from loaded files can be extended.

Ah, useful.

>  - If you can hit "g" while moused over a 3d object, you "grab" it,

In general how should we start adding editing tools? Should we have an
edit mode that turns on these keystrokes? Should you have to select an
object (or objects) before you can edit them?  (Or, in edit mode, should
mousing over be considered a "selection" for editing purposes, with an
outline drawn around the object to indicate this.)

I think the Blender approach is a good one btw, where most commands are
single keystrokes you can hit with your left hand while you mouse with
your right (or vice versa).   But we should also have contextual menus
(even pie menus?) too (especially for a CAVE or something).

Reed