> > > How do you differentiate between "I'm clicking on this to activate it"
> > > and "I'm clicking on this to edit its properties"?
> > What do you mean by "activate"? You mean if the objcet has the "clickable"
> > type? Different mouse clicks probably.  Or have modes.
>
> Uh, yea.  That if the object has behaviors that respond to clicks, then
> click-to-select-to-edit needs to be different from
> click-to-activate-behavior.  It could be right mouse button vs right mouse
> button, a context menu, or an explicit editing mode.  Not a big deal, just a
> UI issue to keep in mind.  (I mainly thought of it because I've been using my
> MacBook a bit with Linux and Windows and suffering with having only one
> button...)
~
It's fairly universal, already, isn't it, that you only get menus when
you Right-click(Ctrl/Cmd-click), or right-click-and-drag, and
left-clicking or left-double-clicking is a common activator. In 3d
programs, middle-clicking or scroll-clicking seems to be a common
'spin around selected object' button. If something seems to be
concensus, I try not to fight with it in my own interfaces...

> > Yes but there's no default currently.  A ui:action is like a macro for
> > sending a message to an object that describes the message in a user
> > friendly way.  It's implemented in mesh, it prints a list of actions for
> > the current object, and if there's an action called "foo" you just say "do
> > foo" and it sends whatever message is behind foo to the object.
~
How do you distinguish between selecting an object, and activating it?
One click to select, the second to activate?
How do you distinguish between whether you're rightclicking on the
object, or the space in front of the object? If it's not selected,
you're clicking on a line-of-sight space? You should get a menu with
"World Properties" and "Create New Object" options? And if you're
rightclicking on the object itself, you should get "Expanded actions",
"Object Properties", and "Clipboard alternatives" like copy, move, and
delete?

> I agree, although that requires a degree of coordination to pull off in a
> presentation situation (like having to set up an ad-hoc network) that could
> be hard.
~
I think acquiring two projectors would be more difficult than setting
up a network between two laptops. ;)

That's just me though.
-me