Taras,

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Taras <naplan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Martin!
>
> Thanks for answer!
>
>> I don't know of selenium, but testing for dom-based xss can be done
>> passively by checking for use (assignments) using any of the following:
>>  window.location,window.top.location document.URL document.location
>> document.URLUnencoded
>
> Yes, I also thought about simply grepping response for such patterns.

Take a look at grep.domXss , maybe we can improve it based on
webscarab's code? Maybe we can work together with Martin in order to
have a greater dom xss detection in both tools?

> But what I want is processing whole page with all scripts on it and find
> real vulnerability. Yes, it is browser behaviour =) Because as you already
> mentioned false positives for such vulnerability are possible.
> So we need either JavaScript engine like Google Chrome V8 or some mechanism
> to use real web browser like Selenium.

I think that the best way is to integrate w3af directly with a
javascript engine or firefox. Integrating with a js engine might be a
little harder, but faster and more flexible. Integrating with firefox
could be done through something like
http://hyperstruct.net/projects/mozrepl .

I've tested both options and found that w3af wasn't stable enough to
add more complexities to it. This was a year ago, so maybe now its
time to start thinking about making it more complicated ;)

>> The source for that functionality in Webscarab can be viewed at
>>

>> http://martin.swende.se/gitweb.cgi?p=webscarab;a=blob;f=src/org/owasp/webscarab/plugin/fragments/Fragments.java;hb=HEAD
>
> How can I import this code into webscarab?
>

> --
> Taras
> --
> "Software is like sex: it's better when it's free.", - Linus Torvalds.

Andrés Riancho
Founder, Bonsai - Information Security
http://www.bonsai-sec.com/
http://w3af.sf.net/