One thing I have noticed with Entourage is that it will suggest email
addresses when you are composing. The list from your address book can be
augmented with recently used addresses that may not be in your address book.
These latter addresses are identified by the @ sign next to them as opposed
to the address book addresses that have a little person icon. It seems to
me that recently received emails are classified for use in this list so if
you receive an email from someone recently and they are not in your address
book they may show up if you start typing a similar address when composing.

You can turn this feature on and off in the Mail and New Prefs under the
compose tab.

Hope this makes sense - I've got a cold and the head is a bit muddled today.

Cheers

Greg