WAIT UP ANGUS !

I am one amongst prosbably many who have never used Entourage and
as a consequence have no idea what your problem can be caused by.

I use Netscape Messenger and until recently version 4.79 and it had no
such automatic function to add email addresses that I have come across.
However version 7.0.2 which I have just started trialling
does have that as an alternative selectable in the mail preferences somewhere.

I suggest yours should have a choice in preferences SOMEWHERE.
You just have to find it.

Have fun

Bob

Angus Russell wrote:
Hi Neil

Somehow or other every e-mail I receive has it's senders address added to
the Entourage address book.

Due to this I have nearly 1500 e-addresses in the address book - which is
insane.

However since you have provided the only response to my dilemma I can only
assume that no-one else takes me seriously :-(

Thanks anyway :-)

Angus