From: Adam Hewitt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 February 2004 12:07 PM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: random reboots

I have now had two kernel panics today alone. They started about 2
weeks ago and seem to be getting closer together. yesterday or the day
before I also had an issue where the screen seemed to be stuck in the
"power saver" mode, ie. the brightness was very low even though the
brightness control was at near maximum, and only a reboot fixed it.

Does this sound like the Logic Board issue, or do you think that it is
software related. I am happy to reinstall OSX if it could fix the
issue, but I don't want to waste my time backing up 40GB of data and
reinstalling all my software if it turns out to be hardware related.

Adam.

On 09/02/2004, at 3:08 PM, Kay, Richard wrote:

<SNIP>

> See http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/ for details of Apple's
> extended logic board repair extension program.

<SNIP>