On 28/02/2004, at 9:43 PM, Malcolm J McCallum wrote:

Hi all,I am getting random Kernel Panics with no pattern that I can see, 3 of them, could be 4 :-). Once on start up, once when I changed programmes and do not remember the other one. My Serial number is UV 12143 KLBT iBook /500MHz . I have run DiskWarrior over it with a clean bill of health. I am still under Applecare. Do I do anything else? Is there a Protocol that one should go through when it occurs?

<STUFF DELETED>

Word is that the logic board failure problem may extend beyond machines with serial numbers listed for Apple's iBook extended logic board warranty program.

Fortunately I see you have AppleCare.

Looks like those outside of the serial number range are pursuing the class action suit: http://www.searchrochester.com/blackcider/class_action.html

Cordially,

Richard Kay.