I followed the links in the slashdot article to MoreInternet

http://www.monkeyfood.com/software/moreInternet/

and then changed the help: protocol helper to Safari. When I try Rob's link above, it just annoyingly opens another browser window, but doesn't do anything malicious. That should do in the short term until the security fix comes out.

actually I get help being launched no mater what I change "help" protocol to.

I located "help" by right mouse clicking the dock "show in finder" and gave my self and all users "no access rights" and now It just doesn't come up - of course that means I cant launch it for legitimate help functions I may need it for like airport config issues :(

Change the helper to something which is unlikely to be able to handle URLs. Safari is a bad choice :)

I chose a random app that I don't launch very often (APOD Grabber). That way if it suddenly launches I know someone's tried to use the exploit.

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the