BTW, does this flaw occur when someone with administrator access is logged
in, or when anybody is logged in?  I figure deleting anything will require
some sort of permissions.  I guess at worst you can lose the contents of
your home folder - which shouldn't be that much of a concern to those who
regularly back up ;-)

It wouldn't be too hard to fool the user into typing their admin password into a dialog box.

Otherwise it can only delete what you've got permission to trash. Of course it could always attempt to exploit any 'local user only' security holes to escalate its privileges, and then attempt to trash everything.

Without superuser privileges it could also do things like send you personal files out to the world or something equally as nasty.

Have fun,
Shay
--
 Perth, Western Australia   Technomancer  Join Team Sungroper in the