On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 12:01, Nancy McIntyre wrote:

> So this may be the reason that I haven't found any consistent
> behaviour with the Safari stutter :-)
>
> Do other ISPs serve you up their DNS like this?

Yes, almost without exception. You can override it if you really feel
the need, but it's generally not a great idea to do so. The settings
sent by your ISP are really just advice to your computer "these will
work, so you should probably use them." It should be possible to tell
your computer to ignore the ISP provided settings and use a different
DNS instead.

That said, I'm using WestNet's DNS as well, and not seeing any issues,
though I'm admittedly not currently at an OS/X box.

--
Craig ringer