Hi Rae,

On 08/10/2009, at 8:49 AM, Rae Davison wrote:

Hi. I have a MacBook 10.5.8 and imovie 08 7.1.4 Two Questions if you can help me please. One How do I get a bigger font for my emails both sending and receiving?

Mail > Preferences - click on Fonts & Colors and you can change the fonts and sizes.

Two. In imovie I have an edited 36 minute video in project library but it will not play. There is a yellow triangle in the bottom left- hand corner of each clip that has been edited and in the small triangle is an exclamation mark. when I try to play only the clips that don't have the yellow triangle play.

When you attempt to play the project, do you receive a message, "Source clip is missing" below a rectangle containing a white star? If you do you probably have moved some video clips from one event to another and iMovie has lost the path to the clips.

If so, I can suggest a couple of things to try to rectify this:
A)
1. The iMovie Events Folder should have a .localized extension on it. Verify that it does by doing a Get Info on the iMovie Events Folder.
Home > Movies > iMovie Events folder.

2. Now find one of the iMovie Projects (in iMovie Projects folder) that shows missing clips in the Finder. Right click on the project in the Finder and select Show Package Contents.

3. Now open the Project file inside the project in bbedit or any editor like it.
Search for iMovie Events and verify the your paths are correct.
If not, fix them and save the Project file.

Bit of a pain, but you will hopefully get your project back working if you follow the instructions.

This happens if you move any video clips from one event to another. By viewing the 'Show Package Contents' it probably will show that iMovie is looking for event 'New Event 1' or 2. If you did change this name, you might be able to rename your event back to what it was ...'New Event 1' or '2' and not experience 'Source Clip is Missing'.

OR:
B)
Rae, it might be worth a shot trying this easier fix first, if it doesn't correct the problem try my A) suggestion above. To avoid this problem do not rename events in the event library after you have used clips from that particular event.

1.To restore links, rename the events back to the original name.

2.To find out what the original name is hover over the caution sign and it should give you a path, match the event name to the folder name.

If I'm completely off track and this is not the problem you are experiencing, post back to WAMUG and someone or I might have other suggestions.

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard