On 12/11/2009, at 1:40 PM, Brian Scott wrote:

> On 12/11/2009, at 1:20 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:
>

>> On 12/11/2009, at 12:44 PM, Brian Scott wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've created an AirPort WEP network in the hope of exchanging some files
>>> between my 2 computers i.e.
>>>
>>> PowerBook G4, OS 10.4.11
>>>
>>> and
>>>
>>> iMac Intel, OS 10.5.8
>>>
>>> but the remote computers aren't showing up in Finder.
>>>
>>> I've done this successfully once before a couple of months ago but there
>>> seems to be a crucial step that I've forgotten.
>>>
>>> I have File Sharing turned on in both computers and the network I created
>>> is showing connected in their AirPort drop down menus.
>>>
>>> What else do I need to do to copy files from one to another?
>>>
>>> They are about 25 feet apart & virtually in line of sight of each other.
>>>
>>> AirPort status on the PB is showing 'computer-to-computer' on the iMAC 'On'.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Brian
>>
>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> A couple of things you could check.
>> 1. In Finder > Preferences - General. Do you have selected under "Show these
>> items on the Desktop"... "Connected Servers" ?
> Yes
>
>> 2. In System Preferences > Sharing - File Sharing click on the options
>> button & do you have "Using AFP" selected?
> and Yes
>
> I seem to remember the remote computer showed up in the side bar of the
> Finder and I needed to click Connect is this correct?

Yes, Brian it should show up in the side bar & you either click to connect or
in Finder - Under GO in Menu Bar > Connect to Server.

What I'm confused about is your comment "AirPort status on the PB is showing
'computer-to-computer' on the iMAC 'On'."
I thought you were sharing over the same Airport Network, but by that comment
you have the PB not connected to your Airport Network but to a
"Computer-to-computer" Network?

All my computers are connected to my Wireless Network & I can connect & share
files with all computers.

17" MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo
2.4 GHz / 4GB / 800MHz / 500GB
OS X 10.6.1 Snow Leopard