Hi Neil (and Brian)

Sorry, I may have misread that. I thought he meant he had an actual Airport
Extreme unit, rather then just a "Card".

If there is no separate "Airport unit" then yes, you can have an one
computer bring in Internet via Ethernet, then share it back out via Airport
to another computer.
(this is done via the "Sharing" System Preference and under Internet
Sharing).

Perhaps, I'll wait for Brain to just clarify that before adding more to it
(or making it worse,..lol).

Kind Regards
Daniel

On 12/11/09 9:41 PM, "Neil Houghton" <n...@possumology.com> wrote:

> on 12/11/09 8:28 PM, Daniel Kerr at wa...@macwizardry.com.au wrote:
>

>> Hi Brian
>>
>> From your computer you don't need to create an Computer to computer wireless
>> network if you're running an Airport.
>
> I am assuming from Brians reply that the reason he has set-up a computer to
> computer network is that he has two computers with Airport cards but no
> Airport Extreme or Express devices.
>
> Is this the cause of his problem, can the iMac be simultaneously talking to
> the internet through an ethernet network and talking to another mac via a
> computer to computer Airport network?
>
> You are undoubtable better qualified than me to answer this Daniel!!
>

> Cheers
>

> Neil

---
Daniel Kerr