Hi Brian,

It might help if we had a few more details as to how your network is set up
eg:

You say:
> I've created an AirPort WEP network
What wireless router did you use (eg Airport Extreme or Airport Express)

I'm assuming you are on broadband internet, if you are using an Apple
Airport device, you must have a separate ADSL modem and you also mention a
four-port hub (presumably ethernet), how are these devices connected
together.

I'm assuming that both your computers are connecting to the internet OK -
are they both connecting via the wireless network you have set-up or is one
of them connecting directly by ethernet.

To be able to talk to each other both machines must be on the same network -
as an example:

---------------
My internet connection is through an ADSL modem with built in 4-port router.
I have a 15" iMac connected directly by ethernet to this modem/router. For
this ethernet network the modem/router is acting as a server with an IP
address of 192.xxx.x.100 the 15" iMac is connected to this server with an IP
address of 192.xxx.x.101.

I have set up an Airport Express as a wireless router, it is also connected
directly by ethernet to the ADSL modem/router, which is the internet server
for the Airport. The Airport Express is the server for the wireless network,
with an IP address of 10.x.x.1.

I have a 20" G5 iMac which connects to the internet via the Airport network,
its IP address is 10.x.x.3

I have a 24" intel iMac which connects to the internet via the Airport
network, its IP address is 10.x.x.2

I can share connect and share files between the 20" and 24" iMacs because
they are both on the same network.

I cannot connect between the 15" iMac and either of the 20" or 24" iMacs
because it is on a different network to them.

I have a Macbook Pro:

If I connect the Macbook to the wireless network, it will have an IP address
of 10.x.x.x and will be able to connect to either the 20" or 24" iMacs but
not the 15" iMac.

Alternatively, if I take the Macbook to the router and connect it directly
by ethernet it will have an IP address of 192.xxx.x.xxx and will be able to
connect to the 15" iMac but not to the 20" or 24" iMacs.
----------------

Forgive me if I am stating the obvious here but I know it wasn't obvious to
me when I started!!

So I am now wondering if you have both computers connected to the same
network.

As a quick check, on each computer go to the system preferences "Network"
pane and select the "Airport" connection. You should see:

And "AirPort is connected to (network name) and has the IP address xx.x.x.x"

Make a note of the network name and the IP addresses - the important thing
is that both computers should show they are connected to the same network.

Also click on "Advanced" and under the TCP/IP tab check the router IP
address.

Let us know what you find.

Re:
> Fact is I not sure what I"m connected as, how does one find out?

Basically when you come to connect you will usually "connect as" by
inputting a user name and password. If you are logged into both machines
with the same user name and the user has admin privileges on both machines
then you can share pretty freely. However, I wouldn't worry about this right
now since your problem is actually connecting - once you are connected, you
would only need to look at this if you can't get at the files you need.

HTH

Cheers

Neil
--