On 12/11/2009, at 10:18 PM, Kyle Kreusch wrote:

Hi All WAMUG and Brian

First this is for everyone I believe what Brian is trying to do is Make a wireless network with his iMacs built in airport card

I'm trying to get to a situation where I can copy files to & from my PowerBook & iMac using the Finder.

Brian:

If this is what you're trying to do First disabled the computer to computer network in the menu bar on the iMac and on the laptop.

I have disabled my computer-to-computer network on both PB & iMac

Once you have the computer to computer network disabled Go to system preferences on the iMac

go to Sharing ----> Internet Sharing

Once in the Internet Sharing sanction you want to make it look like this image
<http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6425/picture2mt.png>
I see this picture shows Internet Sharing off is this correct?

As I replied to Daniel ..

If I try turning on Internet Sharing I get an alert saying "If your computer is connected to a network, turning on Internet sharing may affect the network settings etc."

If I do it anyway Little Snitch tells me ""natd" wants to connect to 0.0.0.0 on DIVERT port 2560 (labrat)" so I cancel doing it.

Next you will need to set up the airport card to do this go to airport options You want to make them look something like this
<http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/5078/picture3ui.png>

I've followed the example in the picture of AirPort Options using the Network Name that came up but the PB's drives aren't appearing in the iMac's Finder.

Thank you for the pictures, that's always a great help.

Brian