I don't use g-mail myself, but Leo Manuel, who hosts the Rare Fruit News Online
newsletter said this:

"I have no explanation, but very few messages sent to me ever
  arrive, if the email address is from Gmail. So, if you
  regularly use Gmail and write to me, please write to my Gmail
  address mailto:rarefruit.man...@gmail.com and I'll be more
  likely to receive it. I don't know if it's because I am a Mac
  user, or that my server somehow doesn't like gmail, but more
  and more I find that if messages don't reach me, it's because
  they came from a Gmail address.
  Leo Manuel        mailto:rarefruit.man...@gmail.com";

Pat