The quoted piece was certainly not written by a bibliophile!

Quite apart from that, the cost of Australian (usually UK) editions of books relative to the same book, published in the US has been mentioned previously. The US and UK divided the world into two and that's why we still read "Not for sale in the US or Canada" on many books sold here - it's a copyright issue. Generally, if the book was published on both sides of the Atlantic you can only buy the UK edition here. This applies as much to books sold online (e-books included) as it does to those bought in bookshops - if you want to obtain them legally. And we're not just talking about fiction.

Anyway if you're serious about contemplating a paperless world, perhaps also think about how much discussion on this list is centered around printer problems?

peter meyer
0408 902349
pmo...@westnet.com.au