Thanks Ronni, I thought the G5 bit referred only to PPC and was not used on the Intel MacPros
Severin

On 07/03/2010, at 3:06 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

Hi Severin,

The Mac Pro G5 is Intel:  <http://www.apple.com/macpro/specs.html>
• 8-core: Two 2.26GHz, 2.66GHz, or 2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5500 series processors • Quad-core: One 2.66GHz, 2.93GHz, or 3.33GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 3500 series processor