Hi Neil,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I have just arrived back after going up to
MacWizardry and picking up my new Epson TX810W All-in-One Print / Copy / Scan /
Photo / Fax.ownership

In answer to your "B2" approach. Yes, it will /should allow the New Account to
have UID 501

You can change an Account's UID and then switch the items in the account to the
new UID to recursively change the ownership of files in a folder and all
subfolders.
I'll supply details in my next email explaining a little about 'User
Accounts-Permissions-UID & GID'.

> Yes, I love the power and features of Snow Leopard, but sometimes miss the
> simplicity of Classic! Can’t have it both ways, I guess!

You and me both, Snow Leopard is so exciting and I love learning all it can do.
Classic never excited me … simplicity has never suited me ;-)