Hi Adam,

Just to add to what Ronni said ­ Terminal is very powerful and lets you do
all manner of things, however sometimes I find it easier to check out
various hidden file using the Finder.

The trick here is to add ³File Visibility² to the list of finder search
criteria ­ to do this invoke the find command in finder and then in the
pull-down search criteria list (probably showing ³kind² by default) select
³other² and a box will slide open allowing you to ³Select a Search
attribute² and, if you scroll down the list, you can find the entry:

Attribute: File invisible

If you click the ³In menu² checkbox, next to this item, you will now have a
new item ³File Visibility² in your pull-down menu.

You can now do a finder search with the search set as ³File Visibility² is
³Invisible Items² to find this or any other invisible files.

I find this feature very useful to track down these sorts of files ­
particularly where you know there IS a hidden file related to something but
don¹t remember the exact name.

Cheers

Neil
--