Hi Steven

One of the cool things you can do with Terminal is drop files into the Terminal window and it will give you the unix path.

If you're able to mount your Time Capsule volume using the GUI you might be able to determine the path to it by simply dragging and dropping the icon for it on to the terminal window.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Quoting "Steven Knowles" <emai...@knowles.net.au>:

My Macbook Pro isn't backing up to Time Capsule.

From this page ....

http://discussions.info.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=7059555

... Glenn Carter refers to the following string for Terminal ...

sudo rm -ri /path_to_volume/.Spotlight-V100

where /path_to_volume is the path of the volume in question.

To replace 'path_to_volume' I've tried ....

Volumes/Time Machine Backups
Volumes/Data
Volumes/Data/afp://Time Capsule._afpovertcp._tcp.local/Data/MacBook Pro.sparsebundle

...but all give me "No such file or directory".

Can anyone please suggest what I should be using as the Terminal command?

Cheers, Steven

Andrew McColl
ski...@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au