That depends entirely on what sort of internet connection I buy. Sure if I use
one of those 3G wireless sticks then yes, my connection is being NAT'd.
If I buy a business internet account then I can get a nice little /16 with a
fully routed connection.
If I buy a fibre connection from Amcom they give me a glass pair and ask me
what I want to plug it in to.

In all three scenarios I have a choice.

What's next… making VPN's and encryption illegal?