Hi Matthew,

I would hate to burst your bubble, but if you are connecting via PPoE, you
connection is being NAT'd, monitored and filtered.

This is in response to peoples lack of understanding of how networks function,
do you think ISP's will give people access without some form of control.
Just plugging a router, ADSL Modem into any PPoE connection and watch the
amount of traffic attempting access.
What and whom do you think is stopping most of it getting into your system. If
you do not see any then it definitely is being controlled.

I am totally surprised everyday the amount of routers which are connected
without some form of firewall in place.
This is business and private usage, and yes a firewall is not the only answer.
But, it is a start.

Cheers!
`RobD...

,