LOL... Have to pay that one. That was quite good ;)
Hehehe.

But yes, I've got a few clients that looked at it and decided there was no
way at the moment they would consider using that in their businesses.....
It was just too much missing that they couldn't rely on, especially if
sharing files with others working for them.

Maybe after a few more "tweaks" it might be a "Pro" Pro Application again :)

Kind regards
Daniel

On 9/7/11 10:42 PM, "Matthew Healey" <mat...@mac.com> wrote:

> Apple redefined "Pro" a while ago. It used to mean "Use this if your job and
> livelihood relies on this product". Now it means "Use this if your really
> passionate about make great home movies".
>

> On 08/07/2011, at 10:52 AM, cm wrote:
>

>> Hi James and Mike,
>>
>> Here is an interesting update on the Final Cut Pro affair. Apple may be
>> considering resuming sales of FCP 7 to studio customers but at the same time
>> they seem to be working furiously to the add the missing features to FCP X
>>
>> http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/07/07/apple_looking_into_re_offering_
>> final_cut_pro_7_volume_licenses_after_fcp_x_backlash.html
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Carlo
>>
>> On 2011-07-07, at 13:44, Mike Murray wrote:
>>

>>> Hi James
>>>
>>> I agree with Carlo's analysis.
>>>
>>> I'm exploring FCP X (and Motion and Compressor) and finding that it's
>>> excellent, intuitive and powerful so far, with plenty of upside
>>> promised/rumoured. I'm creating camera archives of all my digital DV tapes
>>> through its archiving procedure which is just a little flaky (sometimes the
>>> process 'hangs' at the last clip on the tape; sometimes it doesn't). The
>>> archives are 'skimmable' through FCP X which opens up a whole new world of
>>> video that I'd forgotten I had.
>>>
>>> I think it's going to be a great product, but I agree that the big film/TV
>>> producers have been left high and dry and are shouting loudly. The 'support'
>>> discussion groups are ringing with shrill comments about the end of
>>> civilisation as they know it...
>>>
>>> But the products worth trying out...you can still run earlier versions of
>>> Final Cut (Pro and Express), although the installation will move your old
>>> Final Cut Pro to a new folder. You'll need to keep these old versions,
>>> especially if you need to rework projects. FCP X won't open existing Final
>>> Cut projects, but will open .mov files (and many others), so you can always
>>> export a Final Cut project as a .mov file and open it with FCP X.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Mike

>>> Mike Murray and Lesley Silvester
>>> TimeTrackers
>>> East Fremantle
>>> Western Australia
>>>
>>> Tel 08 9339 8078
>>> Fax 08 9339 0519
>>>
>>> British and Australian genealogical and historical research,
>>> education, publishing and film-making
>>>
>>> www.timetrackers.com.au

---
Daniel Kerr