Hullo Ronni

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried to work my way through your points 1-7.

My screen commies up a little differently; however the Cloud emblem did appear
and I signed out and signed in again.

There was a little problem and I was required to feed in a new ID and a new
Password.

I did this and then signed out and in again.  The cloud appeared again - next
to my "music" - however there was nowhere that I actually could see to :

        7. Select iCloud and Link Computer,

as suggested by you.

I followed your steps again, but could not manage to take myself to a screen
exactly as you described.

I have turned my iPad off and on a few times; however the same 7 songs are
still "ghosted" and will not play (although they do play on my big Mac).

Quite possibly I have missed something very basic!

I will turn everything completely off for a while now and see if that helps -
sometimes strangely enough it does.

I will let you know later if there is any result!

Thank you,

Peta