Hi Peta,

It does take time for the music to stream from your iTunes Library on your Mac
to the Cloud and then to your iPad.
DON'T turn either off, you need both ON and your iTunes Library open on your
Mac.

Have you tried my second solution below?
>> If that does not fix the problem:
>> ON your iPad: etc

It will take quite some time for the playlists from your Mac's iTunes Library
to appear again on your iPad, so give it plenty of time... wait until they all
appear :-)

Sent from Ronni's iPad4