Hi Severin,

"An unknown error occurred (8268).
Use the Check for Available Downloads command in the Store menu to download
again later."

Normally this error would indicate a Network problem, could be on Apple Servers
or your end and connection was disrupted at some stage?

What happens if you do as suggested "Use the Check for Available Downloads
command in the Store menu to download again later"?

What version of iTunes are you running, do you have the latest v11.3? If not I
suggest:
1.  Quit iTunes
2. Restart your Mac
3. Go here and download  iTunes11.3.dmg  (239.6MB)
<http://www.apple.com/itunes/>
4. Install iTunes 11.3

If that does not get rid of the message when you open iTunes, post back & I'll
give details how to delete & install a fresh iTunes 11