Hello Brett,

It looks like you haven’t  “set up” 100% correctly for an IMAP account. You
could check with your hosting people.
You basically need to change the IMAP path to either use INBOX, as looks like
you don’t have that set - hence the “folders” are being subfolders on the main
“Inbox” or they are being further down the list.

The Inbox subfolders represent individual email accounts. You can't just create
them.
You can’t create subfolders of Inbox.
When you add mailboxes in this way they do not show up under the account in the
inbox, but on the bottom of the sidebar (underneath the
drafts/sent/junk/trash/etc.).

Inbox is not the place to archive messages.
When I create a new mailbox it will create the folder but move it to the very
bottom of the sidebar, and does not add it under the Inbox.
They will be created under on my Mac section .
And if you try to create the mail box and its subfolders in the main inbox of
web mail account it is “not possible" the IMAP account is designed in such a
manner.

<https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mail/create-or-delete-mailboxes-mlhlp1021/mac

<https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mail/create-or-delete-mailboxes-mlhlp1021/mac>>

Create mailboxes
In the Mail app on your Mac, choose Mailbox > New Mailbox.
Click the Location pop-up menu, then choose where to create the mailbox.
On My Mac: Mailboxes you create in On My Mac are local, meaning you can access
them only on this computer.
Account: Mailboxes created on your email account’s mail server
<https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mail/aside/mlhle586aecf/12.0/mac/10.14>
can be accessed on any computer or device where you use the account
<https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mail/aside/mail11920/12.0/mac/10.14>.
If you choose an existing mailbox as the location, the new mailbox is created
within the existing mailbox — like a subfolder.

If you require more help on this subject I would suggest you make an
appointment with Daniel Kerr ‘MacWizardry’ dan...@macwizardy.com.au
<mailto:dan...@macwizardy.com.au> when he returns from his Christmas break.

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6