Hi Julie

Most emails sent if you’re on the same server shouldn’t need authentication (ie
if you’re sending iinet emails on the iinet server). However, if you’re sending
emails on a different network connection (or travel on different wireless
connections that use different internet/ISPs) then authentication is needed (eg
using iinet email but say on a Telstra or Optus network).
This setting can be found in -

Mail = Preferences - Accounts - click on email account on left hand side. On
right hand side, go to Server Settings.
Look under Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP). You’ll see “Host Name”, which is a
drown menu (if you have set ti automatically manage connection settings this
can be slightly different).
Go to Edit SMTP Server List (or you’ll want the follow details near where it
says “host name”.)
Under Server Settings, you may have Authentication set to “Password”. Above
this, you want the full iinet email address and the email password).
Or if you using iinet email on the iinet internet, you can change
Authentication to “None”.
Then click OK.

That should get it working for you.
Kind regards
Daniel
---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>

**For everything Apple**

NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and as
such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. Any
information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or accept
liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this email is to
be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be
requested.