On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:14:52 -0400 Dennis Schridde
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Am Freitag, 22. September 2006 17:34 schrieb Dennis Schridde:
>> Christian Ohm found quite some issues with my current approach.
>> > It may not be legaly correct to tell them that we will
>continue to work
>> > as we assumed the license to be till they tell us something
>different.
>>
>> At least in US law that seems to be a common practice.
>> If there are doubts if this is possible in German law, then it
>must be
>> written by an US american to Eidos USA.
>I just asked my mom (don't laugh!) and I am now quite optimistic
>that this is
>ok.
>
>She deals a lot with contracts at work and told me following:
>The approach of my letter is legaly correct (according to german
>law). Just
>has a few conditions:
>1. We need to send it as certified mail ("Einschreiben").
>2. We need to give them _at least_ 2 weeks time (respite) starting
>from the
>time they got that letter.
>3. They have to respond within our respite, but are allowed to
>increase that
>respite up to an unknown time. (My mom didn't know exactly how
>long, but she
>thinks that they are allowed to increase it to a max. of
>additional 4 weeks.)
>And they probably won't increase the respite to be larger than
>legal, because
>that would not be legaly helping them...
>4. After that time we know for sure what we are allowed to do and
>what not.
>
>But: Having a lawyer would still be even better...

It was Eidos UK & Pumpkin (who is also in the UK right?) that gave
the OK I thought.  I mean for original release.
Why would German law pre-empt UK law?  Or does that not matter?
For that matter, US law vs UK law vs German law?  What is the
difference for these kinds of matters?
I know here, you need to have a actual written letter, and it must
be certified, and I agree with Christian, I don't think you can do
it that way.  If indeed Eidos gave the rights back to Pivotal, then
they would know if they did or not.  We got any members from the UK
who could make a office visit? ;)

Maybe we are going about this the wrong way, perhaps we need to
contact the lawyers for Eidos (UK/US/German/EU?), whoever they may
be, and ask them for clarification?

http://www.eidosinteractive.com/corporate/contacts.html
Maybe we would get a response if we use  "Press - [EMAIL PROTECTED]"?

Now, what is worse, warzone's code, or this legal stuff? :p

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account
required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485