On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 06:31:19 -0400 Christian Ohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>On Saturday, 23 September 2006 at  0:10, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> I just had a thought, perhaps we can get ahold of:
>>
>> http://www.fsf.org/about/contact.html
>>
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for questions about the GPL and free
>software
>> licensing
>
>Now that's actually a good idea (and one I should have had
>myself...) -
>just make it the FSF Europe - ask them about a) what they make of
>the
>readme.txt and b) how to proceed. Should be the best legal advice
>we can
>get for free.
>
>> Worst case scenerio is we can ONLY distribute the source
>code/bins
>> of the source code, and that is it, then we leave it up to the
>end-
>> users to get the data off of warzone demo or the official CD
>> release, or have some repository that can hold the data we now
>have
>> there.
>
>But then we can scrap the whole project. We have already modified
>the
>data, we even scrapped the WDG format that's used on the CDs, so
>for our
>current SVN, the CDs are useless. And it degrades us into the role
>of
>curators, we can just keep the game running on modern systems
>instead of
>evolving it.

Ugh.  Yeah, that would be true.  Digging through logs/e-mails @
berlios & RTS forums, seems that Qamly was to blame for this.
Looks like the GPL issue was either ignored, or they didn't look at
it close enough. :(
His reason was we needed a format that was easy to modify/change.
Does anyone have whatever he used to convert the wdg files to zip
files?  Someone must, since the map pack was made ?

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account
required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485