On 1/27/07, Troman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ari Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Development list" <warzone-dev@gna.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 4:27 AM
Subject: Re: [Warzone-dev] Current problems

> On 1/26/07, Christian Ohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Friday, 26 January 2007 at 22:09, Ari Johnson wrote:
>> > 1. I think that the minimap's display area indicator is supposed to be
>> > a yellow outline with a lighter yellow interior.  This is what gets
>> > drawn when I zoom all the way in, although it's drawn in kind of the
>> > wrong shape, as if it were just zoomed in until you went cross-eyed at
>> > it.
>> > 2. When you zoom to regular levels, out enough to see more than a
>> > couple units at a time, it is drawn in the right shape but does not
>> > have a filled-in light yellow appearance, just the outline.
>>
>> Actually it isn't yellow. There's a grey trapezoid indicating the field
>> of view. If you zoom in, the parallels are shortened, they overlap, and
>> the overlapping area is overlayed with a lighter gray, like the
>> selection box should be since r603. Since both are yellow in your case,
>> the two problems might be connected somehow.
>
> That helps to know.  Thanks!
>
> Anyhow, I fixed the crash in saving the game.  Loading the game
> resulted in a different crash, which I also fixed, but then there was
> another one:
>
> 7. The following error occurs when loading a saved game, at least in
> campaign mode:
> error:      eventSetContextVar: Variable type mismatch (1/0)
> error:      Assert in Warzone: event.c:779 : eventSetContextVar
> (FALSE), last script event: '<none>'
> event.c:779: failed assertion `(0)'

No clue about this one, do you know when this problem started? I see you
fixed something related to loading/saving in r682, was it this problem that
you fixed?

No - this came up after I made that fix.  I haven't traced back where
the two variables it is comparing come from.  I'm sure that following
them back to their sources will reveal why they aren't matching as
expected.

As to your response to #6, it seems to be kind of random but somehow
relates to what units I have selected at the time, I think.  The
problem is that when it happened this last time I was watching my
factory production and none of them was done producing a unit when it
crashed.  Otherwise I would say right away that it must be due to unit
production scripts.  Let me know what you find, if anything.