Am Samstag, 29. November 2008 16:54:57 schrieb Zarel:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 5:48 AM, Freddie Witherden
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am interested in knowing what everyone things about the idea of
> > associating .wz files with Warzone in the shell. This would mean that
> > to start the game with a mod foo.wz all the user would need to do is
> > double click it.
>
> While it's better than the current way, the problem with such a scheme
> is that it only allows one mod at a time. I much prefer the old
> Warzone way of simply renaming the mod to enable/disable it.
> Double-clicking it could even toggle its enable/disable state.
>
> Other suggestions include simply bundling a separate mod manager (like
> the old Warzone Launcher), or including a mod manager in-game. The
> game should at least report in the main menu which mods are active.
Similar to this, I'd like:
Clicking the mod starts "Warzone 2100 Mod Manager", which adds the new mod to
the correct directories and thus enables it.
Played Morrowind? The Morrowind Starter program (not external, the one by
Bethesda) seems like a good solution to the issue. With a list of available
mods and checkboxes to enable/disable. The 3rd party "Oblivion Mod Manager"
(obmm) does it in a similar way.
We could do this in a small external starter app (Qt? ;) ) or from within the
game if desired.

--DevU