Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>> Mixing and matching mods is never a good idea. If we encouraged it
>>> then it would just lead to more useless bug reports.
>>>
>> That's all the fun. ;) Multiple mods. Of course there'd be incompatibilities,
>> but that should not concern us, as long as we are not causing them.
>>

> Do you really think users will understand that what the cause of the
> bug is? It sure will not be obvious, eg they could play a long time
> before the effect becomes apparent, perhaps forget that they used
> mods, and it may show itself in really strange glitches.
>
> If multiple mods is made easy, we will spend a lot of time going over
> vague bug reports due to it. Sure we can just close them when (if) we
> realize that the cause behind the bug report is conflicting mods, but
> wasting time on *bogus* bug reports is far more annoying than spending
> time tracking real bugs.

I think multiple small mods would be a cool feature. You know the unreal
tournament options like "large heads" etc.? I think it would be really
cool to be able to have both a "extended research" mod and a "large
turrets" mod for example.

Perhaps we should integrate the tiny mods in the game (and make them
inter-operate well), and then only allow one external mod active at a time.

- Gerard