On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Gerard Krol
<g.c.k...@student.tudelft.nl> wrote:
> Merry Christmas! We have only just released 2.1, but I think we should
> be deciding on the next release already.
>
> The two points to consider are:
> * what do we want to include?
> * when do we want to do the release.?
>
> We currently have a really stable trunk. (when was the last time it
> crashed for you?) I think we should not waste this by adding a lot of
> stuff (like the new terrain renderer) before doing a release with it.
>
> My proposal would be to branch off for 2.2 within a few weeks.

I think this is a good idea. We can make 2.2 a long-term maintenance
release branch (and decide 2.0 and 2.1 are not) since it will work
well for people with low-end hardware, as opposed to what the next
release is shaping up to be. The crucial, finished changes in 2.2 are
the path-finding improvements, improved minimap, improved targetting,
and the FMVs, as far as I can remember. Those alone would be enough to
justify a release.

So for 2.3 (or 3.0?) we could aim to include the terrain branch and
the lua conversion, perhaps? And whatever else that gets finished in
time.

  - Per